I told myself I wouldn't write about this until I could stop the tears. But that's not going to happen. I just have to laugh after reading my last few posts, I definitely see some irony. Let's note a couple of things I've said specifically....
First bit of irony(from this post) in regards to the recession: I can't say that it has really affected us personally. Except to just freak me out. To be perfectly honest I don't pay that much attention to it. I pretty much never watch the news. I have the hide your head under a blanket and pretend everything is good philosophy. (ha...ha....idiot)
And the next bit of irony(from this post): I also realized that I am so glad that life has taken me where it has. In this little Utah town that I hated so much at first and now love. With this little family that came quicker than I originally planned but that I love fiercely, and tenderly. And here is where I belong.
For now........ (perhaps the for now was a premonition?)
Can anybody see where this is going? Well, except for those of you that already know. We live in a small town so anyone within 30 minutes will already know. I'll cut to the chase. My husband was informed today that his teaching contract will not be renewed for the 2009-2010 school year. Yup, August will be the last month that we will get a paycheck. No matter what happens at this point we will be moving because we can't live here without a job and there are no jobs here. Of course, there aren't really jobs anywhere, are there?
I have a million things running through my mind. I'm angry, scared, depressed, overwhelmed, emotional, you name it. I want to scream and kick the wall (ouch) and shake my fist at the people who did this to us! I'm mad that they told the other two teachers yesterday so I thought we were safe and then told us today, the day that Eldon is gone all afternoon and evening at Honor Band (of all things)!! I want to kick and scream and cry!
But I'm not going to. Instead I am going to list my blessings. And I am going to have faith that everything will work out as my Father in Heaven intends. It may get worse before it gets better, but we'll make it through.
- We still get a paycheck through August. Thank goodness it's not a month's notice, I know that's all many other people get.
- We have our health.
- We have the gospel.
- We have food to eat. (for now)
- We have a home to live in. (for now)
- We have wonderful family and friends that I know would never let us go without the last two blessings.
- There are many people here that don't want us to leave. (and if there are some that do I don't know about it)
- We have each other.
- We got a pretty good tax return, although that laptop I was really hoping to get with our tax return and the 10 year anniversary cruise we were saving up for are definitely out of the question now.
- We have our freedom.
- They were nice enough to not tell us until after our vacation so that wasn't ruined or canceled.
- And I can still blog, no matter where I am. Unless we're living in our car.
And no matter where you live if you hear of any band teacher openings please let me know!
And if you love me please go back and read my last few posts and comment on them. I need some love.