Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Books I've read in 2010

Okay, so I seriously doubt I'll have the time to comment on every book or do any kind of extended review but I want to keep track and this is the post I will do it in.  Here are the books from January:

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams- Very funny at times, but pointless with a horrible ending. 

Rule of Claw by John Brindley- Junior Fiction. One of the weirdest books I've ever read.

Fablehaven by Brandon Mull- Junior Fiction. Pretty good, my 9 year old is loving it.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Annie Barrows- Very good book!  Just ended too soon. 

Evermore, Blue Moon and Shadowland by Alyson Noel- Fairly interesting Young Adult series but a bit too wanna be Twilight for me. 

Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements- Junior Fiction. Very good book!  I would recommend this one!

As Always, Dave by Jack Weyland- pretty typical Weyland LDS fiction book.  I enjoyed it but thought in some ways it was a little silly.  Interesting read for singles. 

The Crazy School by Cornelia Read- I pretty much knew I would hate this book from page one.  But I suffered through it.  Didn't hate it quite as much once I finished, but still could have lived without it.  Too cynical and liberal for me. 

Well there's January.  I could have sworn I read more than 11 books but I don't think I missed any.  I have some great books I'm reading in February!  Stay tuned! ;)


8 comments:

  1. The potato peel book looks good. But i have a TON of books over here that I'm reading.
    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read Dear John - very good. I'm going with McKenna and Jeff to see the movie this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read part of Hitchhiker's in High School, and that was enough for me!

    I am not familiar with the others, but mostly I have read juvenile books aloud this year.

    Scruffy
    Ribsy
    Big Mutt


    so far...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED the Potato Peel Pie Society! Such a great book! You should check out Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet by Jamie Ford! Great book!

    I just finished reading all 4 of the Fabelhaven books! I thought it was a great series, and my 11 year old son is devouring them-- so that's good!

    Jack Weyland makes my eye twitch and I had thought about reading those Twilight-wanna-be-books, but now I think I'll pass.

    I'll email you about that other dealio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these books. Sadly, I have read about 400 US Weekly magazines this year.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm excited to meet you! Motherboard and I are carpooling. And she has excellent taste in books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your metabolic process is run by your muscle tissues.


    my web site - http://www.getfitnstrong.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the bloggy air I breathe, but please keep my air clean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails