Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hate me if you must

I have this annoying quality. 

You see, I want everyone to like me.  Because, even if I disagree with someone, or argue with them, I still love them.  And I'm not just saying that, I really honestly do. 

I hate confrontation.  So I avoid it as much as I can.  I like peace.  I like love.  LOL, I sound like a hippy.  

But I also do have strong opinions about things.  And when I don't feel good about something or someone in my gut, I follow that feeling.  Even if it's not the "cool" thing to do.  

And even if it doesn't make sense to the majority of people.  

I once met this man, he works in education, and he is very well liked.  The first time I met him I got this feeling that he was not a good man.  I felt the creepy crawlies every time I was around him.  With absolutely NO reason why.  Just from day one, I was wary of him.  I heard my friends talk highly of him.  I heard good things about him.  But still, I couldn't deny how I felt. 

Over time, I came to learn of quite a few unethical things this man was doing.  And is doing.  Not like a pedophile or anything weird like that, but just dishonest.  And I knew I didn't want him to have any kind of hand in my children's education.  

I have more examples like this.  Of following my gut.  Of following those promptings that I feel come from my Heavenly Father, to guide me in the right direction.  I can't ignore them.  I just can't.  

So here I go.  I'm sure I will lose readers.  And it's okay if you disagree with me, I still love you.  And I hope you won't turn your back on me just because we disagree.

 But I'll get all of the sensitive issues out in the open.  So that I have taken my stand. 


  • The very. first. time. I heard Obama speak, the warning bells went into hyper drive.  And no, it's not because he's "black". (I honestly am waiting for the day when we don't differentiate each other at all by race.  I don't understand why it has ever mattered.  But I just want to clear that up right away.) Anyway, I didn't have a good reason why I didn't like him.  Or why I felt like he would be completely wrong for our country.  And I won't go into details about why I still feel this way.  I just do.  I know it's not a good reason or argument.  But you can't argue with it, because it just is what it is.  So don't try.  Just listening to his voice gives me a stomachache.  I'm sorry.  There it is. 
  • I believe that if at all humanly possible in any way parents should raise their own children.  My kids may be screwed up, I'm far from perfect, but at least I know they'll be screwed up because of me.  I know there are always circumstances, but don't just pawn them off because it's easier.  That's just my opinion. 
  • I believe that being gay is a choice.  And a wrong choice.  I would love my children no matter what, but if one of them became gay it would break my heart.  And I don't want my boys hanging out with gay boys.  They should be nice to them, but they do not have to be their best bud, you know?
  • I think abortion is evil.  If you don't want that baby I will take them for you.  But please don't kill them.  It just feels wrong to me.  I'm sorry, it just does.
  • I think that people should wait to have sex until they're married.  Heck ya, this is hard to do.  I know!!  But when did it become abnormal for people to wait?  I hate the fact that my children will have to grow up in a world where promiscuity is common.  And waiting is not.  And let me tell you from personal experience.  Waiting was SO worth it.
  • I believe that we should do all we can to make our marriage work. 
  • I believe we should work for what we get.
  • I believe the children are out future.
  • I believe that love conquers all. 
  • I believe that we are ALL children of God.  And I also believe that people are generally good.  I don't believe many people WANT to be bad. 
  • I believe all of these things.  For me.  For my children.  And if you have chosen a different way just know I still love you, and I accept you, because I haven't walked in your shoes. 

So whether you are right or wrong isn't for me to decide.  I can only decide for me and my family.  And stand up for what I believe is right.  

The rest is between you and God.  And I pray that you find right the way for you. 

Sorry, no comments please.  You're welcome to email me if you'd like to discuss something.  

Related Posts with Thumbnails