I so should be in bed right now. It's almost midnight and getting ready for 0900 church with four kids is killer. Okay, make that almost impossible. I'd rather write a modern version of War and Peace while singing He's a Yankee Doodle Dandy backwards.
But I digress. I've been reading a lot lately about how to make your blog awesome, and how to get more readers, and how to be the most awesomest coolest blogger of all time. (And no, I'm not sharing my resource for that one.)
And it really comes down to two main things.
1. You have to write a lot so you have stuff for people to read.
2. You have to be totally seriously passionate like ready to shout to the world how much you love whatever topic you have chosen your blog to be about.
So...for the Mom Nerd.....striiiiiiiike one! Striiiiiiiiiike two! Yeeeeerrrrrrr out!
Yep. I better turn in my Momnerd monogrammed towel now because I'm done for. No passion. No fire. No flame.
Just a sad little spark with nowhere to go.
Okay, once again, I digress.
Here's the deal, so you help me decide:
- My blog has been hanging right around 160 subscribers, give or take, for months now.
- My readership is down, comments are fairly steady but still fairly on the down low.
- I love doing reviews and giveaways but I'm too busy to keep it up and plus I got sick of all the work it takes and I also got tired of readers who were just entering contests. (Not that I'm not one of those myself at times. And it's cool. Really. I get it. Free stuff is awesome.)
- I have a hard time getting passionate about anything enough to write about it, oh, except for whining, as you die hards know. Which gets seriously annoying, even to me.
- Writing one line on facebook is easier than an entire post.
- I know posts with pics are more interesting but I'm too lazy.
- I don't really care about being the bestest coolest blog on the www anymore.
- I still love my blog.
- I am so grateful for the friends I've made through my blog.
- I like being The Mom Nerd
- I like having a place to vent and share and spew and whine and gripe and cry and laugh and, well, be me. Whatever "me" happens to be at the moment.
- I love my readers, one and all.
- Blogging is easier than writing a novel or writing in my journal.
- The thought of burying my blog in the backyard with the berry bushes breaks my heart.
So what do YOU think? To blog or not to blog? I know I can't put all the passion of a mountaintop singer into it. I know I won't post as often as I should. I'm pretty sure I won't start caring more about networking and tweeting and honkledoodling. At least not at this time while I live in a world of poo. No really, I do. Seriously. No lie.
So should I stay as I am...because I can't promise more.....
or should I rest my sorry soul with the sunflowers?