Saturday, June 26, 2010


As is evident from yesterday's post, it is sometimes all too easy to focus on the negative.

And sometimes, it is almost impossible for me to focus on the positive.

But that doesn't mean I give up trying.

Writing about things that are hard help me. It is a way for me to let the negativity out. I loved everyone's emails and comments yesterday. There were things I needed to hear, and many things I already knew.

But it made me realize.....

how sad it is that I focus on those few people who are a negative influence, when those who are a positive influence are in absolute abundance.

Why is that 2% right there in front of my face, blocking out the beauty of the rest of the 98% of people in my life?

No more, people, no more. If it takes me forever, I will try with all my heart and soul to block out those that hurt me, and focus on those that love and uplift me.

Earlier this week when we were having scripture study and prayer my little six year old, Roo was laying his head on my lap when completely out of nowhere he said:

"Mom, I don't want you to die."


Yesterday was a hard day. I reached a point where my thoughts lead me to dark paths. I felt empty. Useless.

So I said a prayer, and those words from my little one came back to me.

My Heavenly Father, who loves me more than I can ever imagine was reminding me.

I am loved. I am needed.

I know I for heck sure have so many shortcomings.

But life is good. People are good.

And really, we're here for such a short time. My children are mine to hold close for such a short time.

I will not give up. And I will do my best.

That's all He really asks of me.

This video also helped me. (Thank you Alexes for sharing this yesterday!) Maybe you will enjoy it too:


  1. Hey!
    You used the video i sent.
    I have watched this particular video so MANY times in the last week.
    I LOVE it.

  2. Amen Sista! And don't you forget it!

  3. U are LOVED!!! and cared about!! Have you heard the song "dont Give Up" By Josh Groban?!! OMG!! My fav song!! and It helps me cheer up!! Download it or google it!! U will fall in love with it!!

  4. Wow, I am so glad I decided to click from my email and read this whole post. I just got in a bit of a "tiff" with my best friend and this just kinda made me get over it. Thanks!


Comments are the bloggy air I breathe, but please keep my air clean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails