Sunday, June 27, 2010

Soundtrack Sunday- Free


*Soundtrack Sunday is best enjoyed listening to the music while you read the post*

(I have read Crazyland's Soundtrack Sunday posts for a couple of weeks now and I just LOVE them, so for the first time I am actually jumping on board (with Motherboard, lol) with a weekly meme.  So press play, and let's get bizz-ay)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Right now, at this moment, I am feeling free. I think I've mentioned that I have been cleaning house, both inside and out. 

Do you ever feel like you clean your house over and over and over and over, and it never stays that way?  
Does it feel like it will never stay clean?  That it is a pointless endeavor?

That is how I feel with me right now.  I feel like I will never be the person I want to be. 

That as much as I try, as much as I want it, for every step I take forward, I take two back. 

It's easy to think....why try?  Why does it matter?  Why do I matter?

And there are dark moments when I really can't see why. 

Which is sad, because I know. 

I know I am a daughter of God.  He loves me.  He wants me to be happy.  He wants me to grow, and learn, but He does not want me to despair. 

So, I am going to try to turn myself outward.  

I am going to think less of myself and more of others.  I am going to forgive those that hurt me, and help those that need help.  

And I will love. 

It is one thing I'm good at.  Loving others.  That is why it hurts so bad when people say or do hurtful things to me.  

I care.  Too much, sometimes.  

But I will keep loving.  And I will keep caring.  I will try to see other's through God's eyes.  

And what I see will be beautiful. 

This I know.

You are loved. 

And amazingly enough, so am I. 

10 comments:

  1. YAY! Sharla!! I love you put the song on!! isnt it amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girlie!
    Found you through OCB's tweet and now following. I love your blog and relate (totally) to your struggles to find the positive! We can do it! :) Grabbing your button while I'm here.

    Beth
    http://www.bethszimmerman.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well ... I tried to grab your button. It's adorable! But it says the image has been moved or deleted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay, it has been one of my favorites for a long time. Thanks for reminding me about it the other day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, it should be working. I tried it and it worked....hmmm. Try again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!
    You are back!!
    See I sent someone over here from a tweet!
    Beth is also my follower 2!

    See Why Twitter is so cool???
    You are da bomb!!

    And i love this Josh Groban song. beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SLow down on your Blog followers...I might be catching up to you finally....
    LOL.
    I'm at 289 and counting...
    Come on be a friend will ya?
    :)
    I am laughing at the thought already....Love you Sharla!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sharla for this~I really need it today!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the bloggy air I breathe, but please keep my air clean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails