So I've had three comments now asking me how I managed to number my comments in blogger. I used the tutorial here but figured I'd post it here in "mom nerd" terms (aka, someone who is teaching herself all of this stuff without a clue) for all of you who would like to know.
Now many of you may be like me...you get into your html and it almost instantly starts to give you a headache. Most of what I've done with my blog (not that it's that wonderful) I've done from research and a lot of trial and error. By the way, if there is anything else you'd like to learn how to do and think it would be easier coming from me let me know in a comment!
Now remember, before you do anything save your template!
Okay, here goes:
1) Sign in to your blogger account and go to Layout and then Edit Html.
2) Look for the little box next to Expand Widget Templates and click on that little box. This will successfully make your html look even more confusing. ;)
3) Activate your find button. On most computers I think it is ctrl F, at least it is on mine, I really don't know. What this does on my computer is it brings up a little search box at the bottom left of my browser where I can search for words on that page. This is a great tool for checking to see if you have already commented on a giveaway with hundreds of comments.
4) In that find box type this:
this section should now be highlighted.
5) Directly underneath that part of the code, copy and paste this code:
6) Now go back down to your find box, clear it, and then copy and paste in this:
Once again that portion of code should be highlighted.
7) Directly under that portion of code copy and paste in this:
8) Then, make sure you click on preview before saving! You won't be able to see the numbers in this view but you will be able to find out if the code will even work. If you get an error message clear your edits and try again.
If this works for you let me know!
*** EDITED TO ADD: Hello everyone! I am shocked at how many people still read this! I wrote this quite some time ago and it is very possible that something has changed in blogger to make it not really work anymore. I don't really know how to help except to actually sign in myself and check out your code. So unless you want me to do that there isn't much I can do if it's not working. Sorry!*******
Time to Read
1 week ago