Monday, August 9, 2010

Just Words

I feel like a butterfly. 

I don't know how long I was in my cocoon, and really, maybe I'm not fully out yet.  

But I'm getting there. 

My life has been in transition mode for quite a while now.  I am excited about the changes. And a little sad.  Change always does that to me. 

But I think it is good. 

Part of these changes are that I've been on the computer a lot less than I used to.  I miss some of the people that I interacted with here that I didn't interact with as much in person.  

And I need to find ways to reconnect with them better than I am.  

But I feel the change.  And I think it's good.  Good for me, good for my marriage, and good for my family. 

One thing I've been thinking a lot about is words.  Many of my past recent posts have been about how negative words have affected me.  

How my day could be ruined with one little comment.  

My husband is always saying that it's not what happens to us, but how we react to it, that really matters.  

And it's true. 

I had someone say something to me recently that affected me deeply.  In fact, it has altered me as a person. 

These were kind words.  In fact, they were words that I truly believe came from my Father in Heaven, through someone else.  

Since then, I have had unkind words said to me.  But when they start to take root in my heart I replace them with these other words.  

They're just words. 

Words that change.

Words that heal.

May I one day be the vessel that brings "just words" to someone else.

Words of hope.

Words of faith.

5 comments:

  1. How's that job of your working out?
    It is good to SEE you again!
    I've missed you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I agree, it is how we react that really matters. In truth, it is the only thing we control in this life. Best not to give it away to offensive people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharla, Glad things are working out so well. I hope you love your new job and home and all of the fun changes. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with your words in this post... ok are you not on FB anymore?? Why arent we friends on there!? I miss U!!!Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post sis. You are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the bloggy air I breathe, but please keep my air clean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails