Friday, November 20, 2009

That's why I say thanks everyday

I thank God for the trees, for the air that I breathe.
For my sweet children four, for the mess upon the floor.
For the house where we live, for my ability to give.
That's why I say thanks every day.

I thank God that I'm free, and for electricity.
For my husband so sweet, for my hands and for my feet.
For the laundry to do because it means that I'm loved too.
That's why I say thanks every day.

I thank God for my friends and for a love that never ends
For the rain, for the sky and our ability to fly.
For the gifts I've been giv'n for my hope to go to heav'n
That's why I say thanks every day.

I stole the basic tune and rhythm for this poem/song from a Veggie Tales song.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

P.S. Don't tell but I totally wrote this last year and I'm just using it again because today is too busy and crazy to have time to come up with something new. Hope you'll forgive me. ;) Have a great Friday!

3 comments:

  1. This year, last year, doesn't matter- Nice post! We do have much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great song is a great song - any year!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the bloggy air I breathe, but please keep my air clean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails