Wednesday, July 8, 2009

That we might have joy

Whether we realize it or not, whether we accept it or not, we are living in times of turmoil. I don't want to realize it, I don't want to accept it. I don't. Now is the time to decide. What will I teach my children? What kind of example will I set? What do I believe? What will I stand up for? How bad will it have to get before I just won't take any more? I believe there are two sides. Good and evil, black and white. And I need to choose a side. Whose side am I on?

People are not perfect. There was only One who ever was.

But I know that our Founding Fathers were on the right side. "We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I know that every soldier and person out there fighting for freedom are on on the right side. I know that every person who makes the hard choice, the unpopular choice, but the right choice, is on the right side.

I know that my Heavenly Father and Savior are on the right side. They are the right side.

This is the time to prepare. This is the time to choose your side. This is the time to stand your ground.

But, thank the good Lord, this is a time for joy.

I, for one, will not be the one to make those that have suffered so much for me, for all of us, have suffered in vain. I choose the right. I choose the good. And most of all, right now more than ever, I choose happiness.

I know the one way to true happiness. The heart soaring, flying among the clouds, shout it from the mountaintops kind of happiness.

And, my dear readers, I hope with all of my heart and soul that you know too.

8 comments:

  1. We CAN be joyful, even in times of tribulation. Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy is good! How is the move going? Tell us all about it when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I choose the right. I choose the good. And most of all, right now more than ever, I choose happiness..."
    I LOVE THAT!!!
    You are so right. There is so much crap in the world, so much to bring us down, that we forget that we have free agency. We have the choice to be happy. My husband and I both have ex's that love to make our lives miserable. But you know- we don't waste energy on them. We CHOOSE to focus on our family and choose to be happy! I really loved this post. Beautiful testimony. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You touched my soul. Simple as that. Let's meet on the Other Side someday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for a breath of fresh air in all the tribulations and trials we hear of and experience every day. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen.

    The Lord is always talking to us, showing us the way. All you need to do is listen and see the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that we have a ray of light through all the darkness around. It truly is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the bloggy air I breathe, but please keep my air clean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails