Sunday, January 11, 2009

The problem with vacation.....

is that it ends too soon. Even my vacation that wasn't exactly a vacation ended too soon. Friday was fantastic. We drove to Provo, visited a music store, checked in to our hotel, visited some stores, went swimming in the big warm pool for more than an hour, had a late dinner and slept in a huge ultra comfy bed. It was the nicest room we've ever stayed in and it was in a Hotel. That means you have to go inside to get to your room and even take an elevator.

Oh yeah baby, high class, that's what we were. (Disregard the fact that the only reason we got to stay there is because we had won a $100 gift certificate). I took a picture of the view from our window.





We woke up Saturday, too early but refreshed and went out to the fascinating Conducting Conference. I left Eldon to weather the Orchestra section that morning alone and then met him again for lunch.

After lunch he was the third one to conduct and in the 10 years since I've known him I have never, and I mean never seen him so nervous. I still can't figure out why he was so nervous. He did the hardest movement (which nobody else did), and he did a great job and was also the only one who got spontaneous applause.

Overall a great weekend. Just wish it wasn't over..................

0 catchy comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the bloggy air I breathe, but please keep my air clean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails