Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bend and bend but never break

The older I get the more I come to realize what things in life really matter.  

I feel the time slipping by, so quickly, and I just want to grab hold of each moment and hold on to it forever.  

But those moments, they slip by, until they are just a dim memory or lost somewhere in my mind.  

I hold them in my heart.  With the hope that someday I will be able to call it up, hold it clear and bright in my mind, remember, smell, touch and feel it.   

I believe in that day.  

My friends, why is it so hard to always keep my focus on what matters?  Why is it that those I love most often get the worst of me?  Why don't I use my time better, doing the things that matter, and loving those that I love most?  Why do I forget?  

Why can't I remember?

Each day, I know, I do what I can.  I try to do my best.  I love as much as I know how.  

But it's not enough for me.  There's always more I can do better.  

Sometimes, it consumes me. 

So, I turn to love.  I hold them closer. 

When I look at the little ones in my care, I see a glimpse. 

A glimpse of the love He must feel for me.  For all of us. 

And I know, it comes down to Him.  As long as I lean on Him, remember Him, serve Him. 

The rest will fall into place. 

1 comment:

Comments are the bloggy air I breathe, but please keep my air clean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails